After my DaniBug was born, I was introduced to what is known as “Da Las’ Daddy”
I had never heard the term before and at first had no idea what it meant. Enter my son-in-law, Don B Williams. The more I observed him take on his new role of being a first time father, the meaning of the term, “Da Las Daddy” (Bahamian speak for The Last Daddy and LDs for short) quickly revealed itself!
Apparently, these fellows, these LDs, are the first ever males to father a child and therefore come with parenting skills no one before them ever had. Add to that the fact that they are absolutely and without any doubt the biggest suckers for the slightest hint of a smile from their offspring and they make “spoiling kids” seem like a right of passage!
If you’ve never witnessed an LD in action, here is a list of 10 things to watch for so you can spot one a mile away:
- spends every waking minute gazing into the eys of their offspring
- can translate every sound their offspring makes from birth
- never tires of playing the same made up game even if its been 5 hours
- drops the word NO from their vocabulary
- creates excuses to prevent others from holding their offspring for more than 10 seconds
- sports a Diaper Dude bag (or something similar).
- develops an instant love of all things mushy
- can contort themselves to fit into the smallest of spaces (see pic above)
- no longer requires liqiud courage to do crazy stuff
- is convinced that wearing a onsie is absoultely normal behaviour for a grown man (I have proof….)
So now that you can spot aaaaan LD a mile away just be sure you remember that this is all really just a figment of their imagination so please just play along…..
By the way, I love that my DaniBug has an LD to love and protect her and to teach her about being loved and great relationships!
Here is a collage of some of their precious play and fun times together.
As always, wishing you happy times until our paths cross again!
From our hearts to your, DaniBug and her granny.